Check out my new blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cartoon profile picture. Helpful?

Recently, I changed my profile picture to Son Goku. He is my favorite cartoon / anime character when I was a kid. Just like me, majority of my Facebook friends did the same thing. They changed their profile picture to their favorite cartoon or anime character when they were still young.

Why? It all started with this...

"Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until monday (Dec.6) there should be no human faces on facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is for violence against children."

I do not know how it started. But the initiators of this knows the capability of Facebook to spread some words. Our thesis also utilizes that capability.

The statement says, it is for the violence against children. And as some people questioned...

How the heck will this sucky campaign will help to fight the violence against children?

At first thought, it will not help. Just changing your profile picture will not help anybody including you. But think some more...

How it will help?

The answer is awareness.

All will start when people become aware. Facebook is nothing then but not until people are aware that it exists. And now look, Facebook is the second visited site in the world.

The campaign or what you call it, just let people to be aware that there is a problem. Yes you may say that awareness is nothing without a move. But there will be no move if there is no awareness. As I say it again, awareness is the start of all things.

This campaign may only be a trip by someone. Or maybe a joke to invade Facebook. Maybe we just fell in a trap. But...

So what?

I like what I did. I think it is cool. And it is from my own free will. There is nothing wrong in changing your profile picture.

Looking back at your childhood days like no other. Sitting down in front of a TV, watching cartoons and animes that do not exist in the present time. Those good ol' days were a memory from a past. And thanks to the campaign, that childhood memory was brought back.

Admit it, characters from your childhood brings some smile right?

Just one problem, it is hard to distinguish the person because of their cartoon profile picture. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment